Skip to main content

Love Languages Part One

I often find that I just don't fall into categories for personalities, and can't fall into any sort of boxes like most people do.

I'm just a little too weird for that apparently.

Affection is especially difficult for me.  I've been stabbed in the back so many times, and had the way I show affection, or have it given to me turned around on me, that it's destroyed me a few times.

Still though, there are ways that I prefer to receive and give my love for others.

Sometimes falling into a box isn't such a bad things.

So there are these love languages.  There's five of them, and everyone is supposed to have one or two that works best for them to feel love, or how they express it.

The love languages are supposed to be:

1. Touch
2. Gifts
3. Acts of Service
4. Quality Time
5. Words of Affirmation

Mine don't quite fit with how I give and receive love.

When I show someone I care, first and foremost, I do it through acts of service.
I like helping to take care of someone.  If you've had a bad day, let me curl up with you in the quiet.  I will be your shoulder to cry on, and your rock.  I will cook you dinner, rub your back, bring you coffee, and remember all the little thoughts and preferences you let me be aware of.
Making things if you need them, or just if I think you'll enjoy it.  Walking past some small item, taking a few steps back, looking at it and thinking of you, I'll pick it up.

I forget to tell people how much I appreciate them.
I may not have time to properly show just how much I care.
I don't have the money to spoil someone as much as I want to.
Not everyone wants to always be touched.

Whatever it is that I can do to make you feel like I've been thinking of you though, I'll do.  All the small gestures that will make you relax, and feel loved, I want to learn them, and do them for you.

And no, that doesn't just make me a submissive.  I'm still incredibly dominant.  I firmly believe that to show your love for a submissive, you should do all the little things for them.

Bring anyone a well made cup of coffee first thing in the morning, and I guarantee they'll be perfectly happy.  Make them breakfast too, and they'll be showing their own appreciation in whatever way they can, and for a submissive, they'll be at their knees completely surrendered to you.
Trust me, I know this.

I know I don't have to do any of it.
It's how I show I care though, and seeing the look on your face, hearing you sigh, and watching you relax because you appreciate what I've done makes it every bit worth it.

Comments