Skip to main content

Love Languages Part Two

While I may give love through service, it's not how I prefer to receive it.

Having people do things for me makes me uncomfortable.  I hate asking for help, and I dislike big gifts without being able to do something in return.

How do I prefer to be shown love?

Touch, and time.

I want to be able to curl up in your lap, and feel your hand on my back.  To feel your arms around me, and just to hold your hand.

Simple, small touches mean the world to me, make me feel like I'm actually desired, and bring me peace of mind.

And while we're curled up together, I want to make memories with you.  Memories of time spent just with you.  Not on our phones, or sucked into technology.  Maybe a movie on in the background while we have a conversation that bounces around a million topics, full of horrible comments we couldn't (or rather, shouldn't) say in public.

Go on adventures with me.  A car ride to nowhere, or exploring somewhere new.  I want to share these experiences with you.  Not worried about taking pictures or videos, just something in our own minds, special to us.  Whenever I will think back on it, I'll remember the memories we built together, and how much fun we had, and how you shared that part of your life with me.

Our lives are short, and there's only so much time to them.  Knowing you make the choice to share it with me is something I absolutely appreciate, and makes me feel loved.  Every time.

I don't want gifts.  Anyone can look through my wishlists and spend some money on something I want.
I've had too many experiences where a person's actions didn't match their words, or they tried to use those words to manipulate me.


Just put aside time for me.  Time for us.  And hold my hand, or wrap your arm around my waist as we venture off to cause mischief together.

By the end of the time we have, I'll look into your eyes with all the love in the world, and do whatever I can to express it.

Comments