Skip to main content

Unsure *Possible Triggers?*

I need to talk a bit about rape.  Rape, consent, and what those aren't.

I can admit with full honesty that I have been raped twice in my life.  Once when I was six, and again when I was twenty-two.  Both times I told the other person "No" told them to stop, fought back, and was very clear in how much I didn't want it to happen.  It however, did, and I have lived beyond it, and try not to let it affect me.

However, it does.  In what might be the best way possible.

I never want to exist in a situation where me clearly and straightly saying "NO" doesn't end what is happening.  It doesn't matter what space I'm in, or what the scene I'm a part of involves, I will come back to earth if something is a problem, and it will be very noticeable.
And if you can't respect that, well, I probably shouldn't have played with you to start.  Have fun getting your ass kicked as soon as I have the chance.

Sometimes though, for everyone, we make a decision, and then wake up the next morning wondering if we should have made the decision we did.
Whether it be a scene, or trying out a toy, or fucking someone, or a simple kiss.  We've all had days where we feel like we made the wrong decision.
Welcome to humanity.

Does this mean rape occurred, or your consent wasn't given?  Nope.  Not in the slightest.  It means you had a reason at the time, and it's managed to leave your grasp after a few hours.  The point is to learn from this, and simply be more careful and logical in the future.

Trying to bring peace of mind by claiming it was rape helps no one.  It gives you guilt, makes you a false victim, and makes everyone view the other party as a villain, which is harmful to them in the long run.
Don't spread drama and lies to justify your own guilt.  Really.  It's just not cool, and if you get found out, no one will trust you.

If it happens, confront the other person.  Tell them why you feel uncomfortable, and see if you can talk it out.
Or this is why we have these things called one night stands.  Cut the other person from your life, and let them simply be something to learn from.

Our minds can be these magnificent machines, capable of absorbing and processing so much, and growing and evolving from them.  Think of every decision you make as a gateway to making even better ones in the future.
Remember, even if nothing else, you've learned what you aren't comfortable with.
We only regret the decisions we don't make, and the things we don't do.  Everything else is just experience and lessons.


Comments