Skip to main content

A Social Vampire

I do enjoy time by myself.  Time to work, and parse through my thoughts.  To clean, and cook, and bake, and let my creative process start putting a project together.  I love to read, and listen to whatever I can at the same time, trying to keep my mind as stimulated as possible, and absorb as much as I can.

The easiest way to explain my spiritual beliefs is by saying I'm Pagan.  I practice Magick, and believe in the old Gods.  I however, do not take my energy from them, but from all the living things in the world.  I borrow a little of the excess put off by everything around me, and work with that.

I swear, this is relevant with where I'm going.

Now, when I'm spending my time alone, I start to get tired around 2200.  I usually spend the last hour or so before bed putting together anything I need for the next day, cleaning up my things that got taken out, showering, and finally passing out.

If I'm spending time with a friend or two, I usually have energy being thrown at me, and I know how to take it in, without feeding off of anything extra, to tire out the people I am with too quickly.  This can usually keep me going until about 0100, when I notice they've run out of excess for me to keep myself awake with.  It gives me the chance to spend more time with them, and allows me to focus better than how I normally can by myself, when I need to be stimulated by so many things at once.

When I'm with a small group, I can stay up a bit longer, and I notice I become a bit more extroverted, being able to take control or sway the group a certain way if I want to.  It's interesting, and I often have a lot of fun with it.

Then there are conventions, and faires.  I often find myself feeling over energized while at big events, and don't know what to do with everything in my system.  I don't get hungry usually, and find myself looking like an ADD ridden ferret, jumping from one thing to the next, and my mind on overdrive.  I don't get tired until I leave, no matter how much running around, dancing, and partying I've been doing.

The unfortunate part of this, is that while I don't quite get con-drop, I go back to how I would be by myself, even if I'm with someone else.  This makes leaving somewhere at 0200 a very not fun thing, because I don't like sleeping in cars.  I will often try to make myself stay up, and so long as I can get a decent amount of sleep once I get home, I can walk away from the time I spent out mostly unscathed.

Social situations are like this insane battery for me, but I will always prefer having just one person to focus on, even if we're at one of these events together.  One person to run around with, and make mischief with all the extra energy I have.  

I want to steal energy from everything, then have a partner in crime to take advantage of it all.

Comments