Skip to main content

Being Primal

While I most easily describe myself as a switch, when a ton of new orientations were available as options on Fetlife, I found primal, and swapped out to that one, keeping it ever since.

A lot of people don't think it fits, and well, they aren't the people I fuck, or play with, because they obviously don't know me.

No, I don't look to build a pack of playmates.  I don't associate myself as an animal, or participate in animal play.  I am a civilized human, who happens to listen to, and satiate the primal, feral thoughts in my head.

If you've ever seen me stare into a fire, you've gotten the slightest idea of it.  How I will look in, losing myself with the energy it puts off, but finding peace in the way the flames dance.

If you've watched me run through the woods, moving as if I've lived there my entire life.  Flying through the trees, with a smile on my face, just from feeling the wind in my hair, my fingertips along the trees, and listening to the leaves under my feet.  Then to sit in the shade of a tree, and breathe in the world, completely free.

If you've seen me angry.  When my shoulders roll back, and sit broader.  My hands curl as though I'm ready to tear someone apart, and I look as though I'm not picky about the target.

If you've seen me cut someone open, and feed upon their blood.  Where it begins with the slightest lick, and then I bite down, drinking every bit I can get, and wrenching my neck as a predator would to tear apart it's prey.

Even my switching is primal.  I generally fall into an alpha role in a group of people, and I need someone who also can, and isn't afraid to both stand by me, while knowing how to take charge of me when necessary if they want me to submit in the slightest.  I need a strong and confident beta, or an alpha that is comfortable not being in the driver's seat for me to want to be dominant with them.
I can smell the fake alphas out there.  The ones just looking for attention, or wanting to find the weak minded to control, because they're easy.  I can't be bothered by them, and see them more as prey in a game than anything else.

The protectiveness I have over my close friends, and found family is absolutely an example.  I get incredibly territorial over people that get close to me, without the peeing on them to mark them as mine anyway.  I will fight to the death for them, no matter what it's for.  I do as much as I can for them, because they are the people I choose to hold closest, and so I want them to know how much I appreciate them, and take care of them as a part of my family.

Also, the way I chew on things when I like them.  When I get a gift I love, I will often gnaw on it for a while, or when I'm particularly content while curled up with someone, I will lean over and bite down on them for a while, just to show how happy they make me.

Looks can be deceiving.  I may not act like an animal, but for those who stick around, and know me, can tell that there is something more beneath the surface.  And that's why they stick around.


Comments