Skip to main content

Expectations

I saw a post on Fet the other day that made me rage.  Saying that sluts have standards sometimes, and that they need to be taken out on classy dates in order to consider fucking a guy, and that it is what is necessary before fucking is even an option.

The fuck now?

I mean, I'm all for being careful and picky about partners; it's something I do myself.  I don't fuck people I've just met, and I don't fuck people without chatting a while first.

There's a huge difference though.

She said she wanted someone to drop a ton of cash to take her out somewhere that she would need to be dressed up, having someone more or less buy their way into her pants.  I just want to become friends with a person first.  Chatting, giggling, finding common interests.  Sex is better when there is a bond, and being able to snuggle and share nerdy ideas afterward makes it just fantastic.  I however, don't want someone to throw money at me.  It feels fake, and I'd much rather just run around in the woods for an afternoon, and then make out in the middle of a forest without anyone else around.

This is part of why some guys feel they need to buy their way into a girl's pants, or that if they go through these gestures, they are entitled to sex.

And I know a lot of girls who are this way, and it is the reason I am constantly trying to tell guys not to randomly buy me things, or do things for me.

Mind you, I am a fan of dates when I'm looking to date someone, but my preference of a date is never anything that takes me out of what I would feel natural doing.  I feel like a date is anything that creates intimate time between people, where the focus is on enjoying and learning about each other, and putting the world aside.  Taking a walk through the woods, going to a museum and sharing random facts, going to a favorite dive and learning food preferences, getting a cup of coffee and going for a drive, sitting on a boardwalk and enjoying a cigar together.  They are all fantastic dates that build a bond between people, and help me learn about who I'm with.

I feel like so many people are too caught up in status and society to get right down to what we're really looking for on a base level.  Finding something to enjoy about the person you are with, and building strong, loving bonds.  And if that's not what you're looking for, at least an attraction to the person themselves, that lets you enjoy them, and feel like you can keep them in your life even after you mash privates.

Comments