Skip to main content

Inside Information

I know I've mentioned being a sociopath on here.
It's not a joke when I say it.  Be around me for more than a day or so, and you'll start to see it.  I won't bother to censor my comments, and it'll become startlingly obvious.

Due to this, and my love of psychology in and of itself, when something comes up about how the average person perceives a sociopath or a psychopath, I jump at the opportunity to read it, and often giggle at how they believe the mind works.

But I'll let you in on a secret.
Most of that is wrong.

Yes, we do tend to be highly intelligent.  For me at least, this is because of a highly logical mind.  I can think through things with a complex process, which doesn't get clouded by emotionally driven thoughts.  If fact, I don't feel many emotions that other people do.  I often have to fake emotion while I'm with other people because I don't actually feel it myself, and know that not reacting in a similar fashion will cause issues.

Relating to people is difficult for me.  I lack empathy due to my logical nature, and so I do not understand the motives and decisions of more emotionally driven people.  This has made it so that I connect to very few people.

In fact, I am so disconnected to the vast majority of others, I often say that I view them as lab rats.

Many things claim sociopaths are manipulative because they are compelled to lie.  I am always honest, but I love seeing how people react, and wonder how they will process and respond to different stimuli and situations.  It is the biggest pull of my dominance and my sadism, and I frequently have to remind myself that others need to be respected and treated as equal beings; not just as experiments and educational fodder.

It's an interesting thing, to live as something most people avoid, and be able to hide it most of the time.  For the friends of mine that are well aware of it, it is something we all joke about, they accept, and expect from me.  When people overreact to things I say, I simply have to remind them that I do not process the emotional responses to how I say things, and only the logical chain of events.

To be honest, it's fun.

The world is a toy.  Something to play with, and learn from all the reactions to different stimuli.  People really are fascinating creatures, although they can be rather predictable.

Comments