Skip to main content

Locked Up

The last few weeks have had such an insane amount going on, I feel like I can't relax.  I'm either going to perform, or have a thousand things to do, or have been helping Lux with the move.
And all these things are fun, and productive and I enjoy them.  Don't get me wrong, I love keeping busy, but it's been so much I haven't had a break.

Being home is more stressful than not.  My parents have a habit of taking their frustrations out on me, and use me more as an emotional punching bag than anything.  The gnome likes to try and dick me around, and any time I want to get out and do anything, it becomes a project just to make sure the beast is supervised.  It all adds up to me not being able to even clear my head here.

On the bright side, I'm back to teaching again, dancing regularly by myself.  I already notice myself getting into better shape after a few weeks, and I'm trying to go back to my normal nutrition nerd ways to really feel better and hopefully let my dysmorphia continue to fade, as I've been combating it rather well lately.

What I honestly need, is a weekend away without a ton of running around to do.  Nowhere fancy, just out of the house, perhaps kidnapped by someone, with lots of snuggles and giggles.  To cook, and read, and breathe fresh air without juggling a thousand things.

It really is the simple things that help me relax.  I'm not even sure why such simple things are so difficult for me to find lately, but I do hope they come soon, before the holidays start, because my stress levels are usually through the roof at that part of the year.


Comments