Skip to main content

The Downsides of Teaching Friends

So, my Thursday class is with my first student I ever took on.  She never practices at home, so I have to make sure to kick her butt every week, and sharpen everything myself with her.
We also went to elementary school together.
And a ton of other weird connections that makes the world feel much smaller.
So, you get the point that we're friends outside of dance class.

She has taken on a job with a cruise line, and a few weeks ago came home for her off season, which is why we've been able to have weekly classes.  This paired up with the fact that she dumped the boy she was seeing when she last left, has caused her to make some decisions that are to me, rather questionable.

While she was dating one of my other friends, she would go on about how she would withhold sex unless he promised her rope work.  And not just tying her wrists up, but full harnesses, and binding her completely down to the bed.  She would then bitch about how sex often hurt because her junk was very shallow (which honestly mostly means she wasn't relaxing enough to get turned on).  It annoyed me more than anything to hear about it, because I was listening to both of them separately.  They have since become friends again, and I am glad, because they are both good together, just not meant to date.

In the last few weeks, she's been coming to class freshly fucked, but with a new boy every time.  Apparently she is meeting boys out, or messaging them a few times online, and then seeing them to fuck.  She isn't mentioning a thing about what they are like, just if they are giving her the exact princessy treatment in a fuck that she wants.  I don't even honestly think she talks to them, because she can barely tell me a thing about them.

To the point where she's telling me that there is a guy who has been messaging her online, wanting to start legitimate conversation, and become friends with the possibility of hooking up.  She avoids responding to him, and does so in the shortest manner possible.  He asks at one point why she doesn't seem receptive, and asks if she is at all turned on by him.
As far as I know, she still hasn't answered.
She's afraid to.
Her reasoning for why she doesn't like him: She thinks he's ugly.
Why does she think he's ugly?
He's black.

Commence flailing rage.

Now, I will be the first to admit that there are very few black men I'm attracted to, or even friends with.  This is not because of the color of their skin, but due to the cultural differences that usually wind up clashing.  My preferred "type" is also far less of a physical thing, and far more of a personality driven attraction.  To close someone out though, even to friendship due to one simple physical factor beyond the person's control is just shallow judgement.

It really bothered me to hear honestly, and it still irks me.  I feel like she's been so caught up in getting attention online that she can be picky and just move from one fuck to another without any worry having to form attachments or think of consequences.  That she can move to racism, and choose her partners just out of superficial qualities, instead of actually creating bonds, which result in far better sex anyway.

I'll take my friends who I can fuck and snuggle and go on adventures with.  The ones I can laugh with, talk to when things are bad, and be there for.  I'd much rather be able to share a meal, or a cigar, than show up for a fuck with someone I find hot and never talk to again.  And sure, if they could be way taller than me, much broader and heavier than me, with nice arms and no abs then I'll be doing happy dances while we fuck, and making grabbyhands while we're hanging out, but I'd so much rather simply have someone as a friend than a convenient cock for me to bounce upon.

Comments