Skip to main content

Bah Humbug (vanilla)

The holidays are never really a happy joyous time for me.  They often just act as a reminder of how unbalanced things are with my parents, and a cultivator of stress.

This year is acting as no exception.

My mother decided that me making gifts is cheaper than buying them so for three weeks I did nothing but crochet, when I had my own things to work on.  My hands got to the point where they ached, but my constantly throwing finished products at my mother had her more or less off my back.  My father however thinks that I just look at yarn and it magically transforms though, so he's constantly trying to get me to do things that would honestly just create more work than help.

I've taken over most of the holiday preparations as a whole.  I'm currently in the midst of the cookiepocalypse, and losing even more time to work on my own things.

Really lately I find that I'm so busy working on things for my family while being dragged down by them, that I'm losing myself in the process.  I want to have time to work on my own things away from here and actually enjoy some time to myself.

Hopefully something happens to spark my inspiration, and break this home driven rut soon.

Comments