Skip to main content

How to Confuse a Con Full of Kinky Folk

So, last weekend Lux, Nessa, and I went off to Flea.  The whole weekend was a fun time, with lots of giggles, new toys, and a generally chill vibe.

I also realized how much Lux and I confuse people.

Apparently, I was putting off a very toppy vibe.  As a switch, I usually seem very toppy, but being a tiny female, people sometimes instantly peg me as just a submissive.  I find that how I dress can change this up a lot.  I've stopped wearing collars as a form of jewelry, but will sometimes wear something that is obviously a choker.  Even when wearing more skimpy stuff, there is enough masculinity to how I dress that it stays pretty level.

Usually people talk to me like a top, because I generally look at product for my own use.  And if it isn't, I'm generally running off to grab someone else.  I also tend to have obvious energy of how I feel towards those around me.  If there is one thing true about me, it's that I absolutely cannot send mixed signals.

So, I'm at this con, with people talking to me like a top.  Lux finds me, and I'm snuggled up with him, now with the vibe of accidental dynamics, and still acting like a top to everyone else.

And so they have no idea how to peg me.

At another point, Lux and I are sitting in a mindfuck class.  I'm all snuggled up, and we obviously have a very solid connection.  Throughout the class, while other people are quietly giggling, or still putting processes together, we're full on laughing maniacally over the whole thing.  To which I then see people out of the corner of my eye staring at us like "How are they so snuggly, and still still so evil?"

To which there was much amusement.

For some reason, there is this stigma to being a switch that you can only be one thing at a time.  That it's impossible to enjoy being a sadist, and being submissive in the same moment.  People don't really know what to do with it, and for the most part, I find it entertaining.  Sometimes though, it's frustrating.  Just talk to me like a person.  If I'm looking for something to be used and done on me, I'll say so.  If it's something I want use on others, I have no problem saying that too.  Hell, sometimes I'll look at something in one hand that would feel fantastic on me, and in the other hand have some item I want to use to tear someone up.  And that makes things fun.

Comments