Skip to main content

Not Always Necessary

I was listening to a podcast the other day, and it started discussing the idea of switches in power exchange relationships.  It talked about how a switch can be very capable of having a stable and static dynamic with one person, which I absolutely agreed with, and enjoyed hearing, because a lot of people claim it isn't the case.

What I didn't like about it however, was that it very adamantly pushes that switches must have open relationships, and need to have multiple partners so that they can constantly be satiating both sides of a power exchange.

And while this may be true for some switches, I absolutely do not fit into that category.

I can very happily have one partner, a steady dynamic, and not feel an unwavering need for more.  Admittedly, I do on occasion get slight cravings for the other side when this is the case, just because I haven't had the chance to indulge in it for a while, and it becomes apparent.  Usually, it comes out for a bit in the relationship I do have slightly, and after a little while goes away.

It however, is not a constant.   In fact, my cravings and moods tend to flux to be in line with whatever my partners happen to jive with.  So long as I have some number of things I drawn to being fulfilled, I am content, and the others will fade to the back, becoming fun little thoughts, but never being required.

Sometimes, it is difficult being a switch.  Everyone has so many ideas and theories.  People make a thousand judgments on how I will act and behave and what I need.

If there is one thing the vast majority of people who know me can tell anyone, it's that I generally cannot be predicted.

Comments