Skip to main content

Getting set for ADVENTURE!

Lux and I go on a lot of adventures together.  Generally, with the exception of one thing last year, all our adventures have included the other. 

Usually, we have a sort of system.  He takes care of big arrangements, and I handle all the little details.  It winds up creating a fairly even experience, we know everything is taken care of, and it means that when we get where we're going, we can just relax and enjoy. 

This happens to work particularly well when it comes to faires, and camping.  I have most of the gear and, and get the food ready, and he just makes sure we get registered, and gets us there. 

Well, this year we have one small weekend camping trip next month, and then in August, right after our birthdays, we'll be heading to Pennsic for my first time there, and spending a full week.  Lux decided to ignore my tent, and is getting us a massive pavilion, which I have been told I just need to make into a beautiful and functional camp space.

I'm trying to get as much as possible done before our smaller trip, so we can use a lot of the gear as a sort of test run.  I have almost enough garb for myself, and enough linens for camp, and big furniture taken care of.  What I need right now is storage for all the little stuff.  Sure, we can live out of totes and duffles for a weekend, but with a week long trip that gets old.  I know I want to be comfortable and not just wade through stuff all over the floor, and I'm sure Lux feels the same way.

However, I'm really excited to put together a fully stocked and comfy camp.  It might be mostly just for the two of us, but if I'm not going to be making something fantastic for us, I shouldn't worry about entertaining others.

So I've been plotting, and planning, and making, and busy.  It's sort of a long distance form of service.  I'm doing everything I can, so that when we get to the site, and start unloading, I can send him off to park, and when he gets back, he can see the temporary home I put together for us, and completely relax and enjoy.

Just put things in my hands, and I'll be happy to go above and beyond.


Comments