Skip to main content

Virgin

Tomorrow, I get the final things collected, and Lux comes down for us to go on the longest adventure we've ever gone on together. 

We're going to Pennsic!

It'll be my first time, and I've done a lot to get us both ready for it.

I've sewn half a week's worth of period clothing for myself (the other half of the week will be in dance gear).  I've gone through all the camping stuff we have to try and make sure we have what we need.  I've made furniture, fixed other pieces, and tried to do as much as I can to make sure we have a comfortable time, in a large pavillion, for a full week.

I've also tried to do as much as I can to have all the food we'll need prepped and pre-frozen, able to keep itself cold in the cooler for us, so we have the option to eat without pants.  Last year, Lux said he ate out for almost every meal.  I'd rather not have to do that, for several reasons.  It's way cheaper for me to cook, the food is probably better, and then we don't have to really stop being snuggled, or deal with people if we don't want to.  I anticipate that if we're meandering every so often we might grab something out, but the bulk of our food is ready, and just needs to be heated up, or small work done.

Honestly, I enjoy doing things like this, and I want to put together a wonderful camp for us.  I can't wait to go, and hope I can make a home for us for a week that he feels comfortable in.  I know that I can't think of anyone else I'd rather spend this week with, and will have an amazing time.

I have a ton of things I'm hoping to do.  About six or so hours of dance classes, three hours of performances to see, three days of waterbearing, and immeasurable amounts of dancing at parties while keeping Lux from being white girl wasted.  I know I probably won't get to everything I want to do, but it'll be amazing no matter what.


Comments

  1. Have a great trip! I love camping! Excuse my ignorance (aussie girl) what period is pennsic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SCA includes anything prior to 16th century. You have to make some attempt at garb (which is why I can wear dance stuff instead of my kirtles), and some camps have full mandatory cultural themes, down to cooking and food storage. Our camp is far more lenient, so we can have a lot of modern conveniences, like coolers. I'm hoping to one day have a more period facade, but plenty of creature comforts well hidden where noone can see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment