Skip to main content

Checking Preferences

While at Pennsic, Lux and I attended a play party that I had been invited to.  We had discussed going just to people watch, chat with folks, and likely not play ourselves.  However, that evening while getting ready, he packed his rucksack full of smacky toys, and we headed out, through the block party, and on the hunt for the very secret play party.

While on the way, Lux kept pestering me to have the password, which was some dumb combination of terms that I don't even remember anymore.  He joked that I wasn't telling him so that I had leverage over the situation, and I assured him that it wasn't the case, and that he was still very much in charge. 

When we got there, it was still fairly quiet.  An old partner of Lux's was tending bar, and we ran into some friends to chat with.  While watching a suspension scene, Lux joked that I had to bring him to a party at Pennsic for him to hit me.  I told him that if I really wanted him to hit me, I'd just hit him first, which he agreed with. 

At this point, we ran into someone who is pretty well known at Flea where we go to every year, and wound up getting Lux an impromptu run down of pressure points.  I think he was a bit surprised that I wasn't in a lot of pain from any of it, while Lux understood, and kept careful watch over both the subject matter, and my state.

After that, we made out way over to some empty space, and set up for some whompin's.  He started on me with the twins, which are probably the toys he is the most comfortable with, and something we both enjoy for long periods of time.  They are a matching pair of very thuddy floggers, which he will start dancing with when swinging them and in a good mood.

Instead of dancing though, I noticed him hitting off his normal striking points though, and not in the way he normally hits.  I realized he wasn't quite comfortable, and so I was far more concerned with him than myself at this point.  Every time he checked in with me, I did the same with him, and could tell he was nervous, but wouldn't say a thing.  After a bit, he changed off to the tire jack he has, and when that hit me a bit oddly, he used it as reason to stop. 
We generally like to have relaxed, giggly violent time.  We don't get serious that often, because there's constant communication.  We like having room, and comfort, without people watching to judge.  Mind you, Lux is really fantastic with impact, and it is really fun to watch, but we just can't relax with those other people there, and so we have a harder time getting into it all. 

So we packed up, got some water, snuggled a minute, and made our way back through the block party where Lux used the power of his voice to get us invited into another camp to relax before heading back home.

We did something that we had not yet done together, and realized it just didn't jive.  So we took care of each other, and snuggled to level things out, and know for the future. 

This just means I need to beat him up more when I see him next so that we can get back to our normal fun violent ways.


Comments