Skip to main content

Under Cover

I really enjoy being marked up.  A lot.  They're like pretty badges of honor for me; little reminders of the fun had, the person who put them there, and the pride of behaving well enough to earn them.

Now, in general it takes a lot to mark me up, so most slapping and grabbing will create a small red splotch that disappears in minutes.  It takes a good wailing to leave something on me that will stay.  That too makes me very proud of the marks I wear, because I withstood so much.

Now, one of the things I worried about with Pennsic, was walking around with my dance gear on and having people see my bruises and welts.  I generally try to cover them up in normal day to day actions, or if I'm performing at a family venue, but with classes, and parties and heat, I'd rather not have those extra layers. 

I worried how Lux would feel walking next to me, and the possible looks he would get as we held hands and I had purple wrapping around my hips.

But, I realized that I don't care what everyone else thinks, and so long as I'm comfortable, chances are that he will be too.  There's rarely any tension between us, and when we're walking around, we're generally just comfortable and giggly.  People stare at us already from how visually different we are, and the fact that we both stand out in a crowd normally.  If someone decides to come up and ask if he hit me, I will gladly smile and say yes, and that I hope he does so again while we're there so long as I behave well enough.

Chances are if I'm not at a class, we'll be together anyway, so I'm not too worried.  And at night I'll be dancing, and won't care at all. 

And if Lux is bothered, I have dresses, or I can steal one of his tunics.  It's not the end of the world.  Under clothing or not, I'm proud of every mark he gives me.


Comments