Skip to main content

Kittybox

Last weekend was my first time seeing Kitty in far too many years.  And it was probably something close to being out of a storybook.  We were best friends that were a hair away from a very serious relationship for reasons on both sides.  We were the support structure for each other, and even though we'd bash heads once in a while, it was because we simply hadn't learned to communicate properly with each other, and shortly after, we'd be back to our snuggly giggly normal.

Falling back into what had so naturally was almost surreal.  Like time apart didn't matter, and even though we had these experiences without the other there, it didn't affect us at all.  The only difference I noticed was us not holding hands constantly, but we took every possible chance to snuggle and hug and have all the little affectionate touches that help us both.

While we threw around a bunch of ideas of things to do, we wound up wandering Philly, babbling about random things, and going right back to where we were.  I was surprised that even my speech patterns fell into what they used to do with him.  Hugs were as comforting as they've ever been, and he brought out every bit of my snark.

We talked about everything.  Our past, hobbies, random thoughts, what we are now, and it just flowed.  It was fantastic, and more often than not, we smiled through the entire thing.  At one point we tried to figure out how to explain whatever it is we have together, and just couldn't put a correct term on it.  Much like Lux, we have this weird thing where it has everything a healthy relationship should have, but no titles or actual definition.  The only difference is that Kitty is far more long term at this point. 

And yes, I realize I have a type, and that Lux and Kitty are incredibly similar.  At one point I joked that my healthiest relationships are the ones I never really dated.  He also said that when I stick to my type, I tend to make good decisions though.

They both made the same dopey grin at this line.  Oh, I have a type, and I like it.

It was weird, and fantastic, and has me giddy and inspired.  At one point we were stopped and asked when we were getting married.  We laughed in their face, and afterwards sat and giggled about it.  While we've never had titles, we've always been close.  He said maybe simply claiming hetero life mates, which is probably the best thing we could describe it as.  He's been an important person in my life for longer than anyone else, and for nearly half my life at this point.  With how things are going, that could be accurate, but I seriously doubt we'll ever be primaries or have any sort of serious romantic thing.

I also had to think of how to explain Lux.  Who is simple enough to explain in a kink sense of being my primary and my domlyperson, but even though he's found a box he feels comfortable in, and will be in my life and important to me for a very long time, we have no real way to explain that space.

After we were done wandering on Saturday, Kitty tried to actually figure out my pain tolerance.  The joint locks and pressure points that worked on his other partners, putting them on the floor, didn't make me flinch.  He realized that in order to actually hurt me, he has to work.  I told this to Lux later, and his response was simply "No shit, Sherlock". 

Kitty settled with being able to bite me, and try to lift me off the bed.  He also discovered any really fleshy parts are clear to punch without remorse, and I'm now covered in bruises.  We also wound up having sex, which was fun, and while I felt unsure about it going into the weekend, it felt right at the time, and definitely relaxed us both after.

When we started saying goodbye, he told me to ask Lux to visit and give me a hug.  I think it was the only time I listened to him all weekend.  Lux did show up though, so I got to see and hug both the most important people in my life.

This weekend made me realize exactly how lucky I am for the people in my life, and how I wish I knew exactly how to express how grateful I am for it.


Comments