Skip to main content

Not Cookie Cutter

While Kitty and I were having dinner together, I explained my friendship with Zero.  About how he's a very natural beta type personality, and sees me as his alpha, which is why I'm usually the person with him when he tries going somewhere.  Kitty remarked that he doesn't see me as an alpha type, because I've always acted as a sidekick in his eyes.

And with him, yes, I've always been there right next to him helping.  I'm an extra set of hands, because he is motivated, and driven, but sometimes needs that unspoken coordination of a well oiled machine.

I strive not to be the alpha who simply marches around wanting to be in charge, but rather one that does what is necessary to build up, and inspire those I care about.  It's not a matter of power exchange, although that can become part of it, but rather a small part of the service which shows that I care about someone.

Lux needs someone who can make decisions sometimes.  Someone who will kick him in the butt, keep his thoughts straight, and inspire ideas.  At the end of the day, he's in charge, but if left to his own devices, more often than not, he'll choose to snuggle and play video games, rather than doing things we both know he'd enjoy and get more out of.

Zero needs someone present to make him do things.  He becomes reclusive and loses out on seeing things that would inspire him, or getting that mental escape from routine, and his own thoughts.  I step in to be in charge, and he relaxes, and shines.

It's not at all a case where I'm putting myself in the lead because I need to be.  I want people standing next to me.  To build them up to where we become greater together, rather than one standing on the other, for selfish gain. 

I'm here to see those I care about thrive, and I do what is necessary to make that happen.  That job is different for everyone, and being an alpha means being able to change and adapt with each and remain myself in the process.


Comments