Skip to main content

Cabin Fever

So, there's a lot of snow on the ground.  Somewhere near two feet of snow is everywhere, and the roads still aren't clean.

Last week, after doing all manner of planning and being excited, Kitty felt safest cancelling our weekend together due to the snow.  His little hybrid just can't move itself on any snow and ice, and so he didn't want to risk the trip. 

Squishy also wound up staying home, because the gnome didn't want her snowed in up there.

So it's been me, my parents, and squishy, and now all I want is time away from them.  Mind you, I do feel very lonely at the same time though.  All weekend, despite spending hours on the phone with Kitty, all I wanted was to snuggle up him or Lux and relax with them.  Sometimes, this distance thing is a pain in the ass.

Kitty and I were fairly affectionate all weekend though, and there were many moments when we expressed just how important we are to the other's lives.  It's the kind of affection we both needed, and makes a helpful reminder sometimes, even if not the affection either of us wanted.

Now, I need to find out what the plan is for Flea.  I need an answer from Lux about if he wants to go or not, then discuss with Kitty if he and I still want to, and if not, we find alternative adventures.  While part of me does want to kick Lux in the ass and encourage him to go, a year break might do him good to remove those negative thoughts and focus in on what he enjoys about the event again.

Yea, that might do us good.  To find something else this year for fun mischief, and then get back to it with a fresh mind at a later date.


Comments