Skip to main content

Crawling Climb

This weekend, I'll be spending time on adventures with Lux, Kitty, and meeting Fox, his primary, for the first time.  It'll also be the boy's first exposure to each other in person, and my first time being around both of them at once.

Needless to say, I'm incredibly excited.

However, this weekend has taken quite a bit of work to put together.

Initially, we were all supposed to head up to Flea.  Lux has a bad taste for the event after the last two years though, and so we decided to take a break from it, and see if he misses it next year.  We however still wanted adventure together, especially given losing out on the time with Kitty, and the amount of time since I've seen Lux.

Just deciding on the weekend was a project.  We had no real idea what to definitely do, so the weekend was in the air.  It wound up coming down to Fox's schedule, and then I had to get the gnome to watch the beast a different weekend, as I'd already planned for Flea.  That was difficult in and of itself, and had me ready to stab him in the grundle.

And then, it came down to figuring out what to do.  I tried hunting for larger events, getting no answers from anyone.  About a week after, Kitty and Fox leave a play party telling me they want to go Wicked Faire.  I talk to Lux about it, and he's not fond of the idea, and neither am I.  Upon asking Kitty, he says that he's interested in the kink-centric stuff, and not much more.  I remind him that Lux is taking a mental break from play, and that neither of us enjoy play parties, so we'd be skipping out on any they went to.  Kitty immediately put us back to the drawing board.

So, many ideas went flying around.  Lux has been insane with work, and so was trying not to snap as I attempted to organize things.  At the same time, getting no answers from Kitty or Fox.  Finally, Lux told me that he is more interested in the idea of simply going and doing day of, rather than trying to have some overly structured plan, but liked the idea of being in Philly.

Well, something to go on! 

Almost immediately, that helped us build a list of options of things we can decide to do there.  We booked tickets for a room escape puzzle, and a few nights later decided where to stay together. 

I'm really looking forward to this.  The last couple weeks have been a total clusterfuck, but this should be amazing.


Comments