Skip to main content

Burning Through

Little things fuck me up.  The bullshit my family pulls, or the gnome, makes me constantly pissed.  It drags me down and digs away to the point where I overthink, and it makes me feel like shit.  When I bottom, if it's a long enough play session with someone I know, I'll go nonverbal with floaty endorphins. 

However, I've got this weird sort of super power when shit happens.  If someone gets hurt, or something goes down, I burn those brain chemicals, and instantly put those emotions to the side.  I gain focus, and clarity to make sure whatever went down gets my full attention until it's fixed and I'm sure everything is good again.

When I bottom, if anything is no longer happy, I quickly snap out of the floaty feeling, burn through those endorphins, speak up and stop what is going on. 

This is not only helpful for making me a safe partner, but lets me make sure those I care about get every bit of help and support possible, no matter what is happening.  A partner moves wrong, and pulls something, and I instantly give that care, finding out how bad it is, and if it needs attention.  They hit a mental limit, and I can tell those small changes happen, which means I step in, snuggle them up, and silence that stress in their mind.

I suppose it works towards being service oriented.  I'm taking care of them no matter what is going on with me, and making sure I stay open, honest and safe with them.  And, when I do wind up doing this when stressed, it means I'm not over thinking anymore.  All in all, it's a skill I'm very happy to have.


Comments