Skip to main content

Distancing

It's been a really weird week for interacting with old friends.

I had a weekend with a couple of my oldest friends, catching up, and playing games.  This went well, and I'm glad that it happened.  I stayed up far later than I should have, but it was fun, and that's what matters.

However, one of my friends who was causing issues last fall has been trying to get me up to visit.  And, recently, Felix's mother passed away, and they are having a get together to support him, and she's trying her damnedest to have me there.  To the point where she changed the date to work with my schedule.  The thing is though, I don't really want to be around her anymore.  The last half dozen times I've been there, while simply trying to keep up with conversation, she's reacted to what I say with complete irrationality, attacking me, telling I'm wrong, and horrible, predjudice, and a shitty person.  Everyone that I explain this to says that I deal with similar enough at home, and shouldn't leave the house to be with friends and deal with the same.  The gnome even understands that I don't want to be anywhere near it.

While avoiding that, I made plans to meet up with part of my old logistics team from back when I larped (Kitty and I were assisted by him, so we had one less thing to take care of.)  He was supposed to come pick up clothes that Clarice wasn't fitting in for his own daughter.  Unfortunately, a couple years ago he admitted to having had feelings for me since I was a teenager, and he was about to go through a divorce.  He got far more affectionate than he should have been, which I usually brushed off to being in character.  Then he started blatantly hitting on me, in the most awkward of ways.

And, to make this worse, he doesn't really know me.  He knows the characters I play, or those moments out of character with walls up that exist in public.  He has feelings for the idea of who I am, not who I am in reality.

Well, when he showed up, we chatted a while, and when I helped him carry the clothes to the car, he went to hug me goodbye, and it lasted a bit longer than it should have.  Then he went to make out with me, and in gut reaction, I slid my arms in and shoved him off me and into his car.

If you can't guess, I was in a weird mood the rest of the day.  I was supposed to talk to Kitty, but never got to.  We still have yet to figure out the end of the month. 

After the week I had, I need snuggles with people I trust and enjoy.


Comments