Skip to main content

Uncooperative

I happen to be just outside of DC right now, and up until last week, it almost didn't happen.  Back when Kitty cancelled his visit due to a snowstorm, he said he would have me down here some time this month to make up for it.  Shortly after I suggested visiting over Squishy's spring break, because it would give me way more time.  We agreed, that was the best course of action.

The trip in February went by, and we were both excited to already have the next visit lined up, anticipating more time together.  Except then I could barely get a hold of him.

And we had never ironed out any details.

Also, any time we made plans to talk, something came up, so there really was no chance to figure any of it out.

It got to the point where I asked Lux if he would mind having me visit, because if Kitty was going to bail, I wanted time with him instead.  Not because he was second best, but because I didn't want to lose out on time with both boys, considering how little I get with them lately.  He couldn't give me an answer at first, but I know that unless he flat out says no, he will generally make whatever it is happen.  Oh, I am spoiled.

However, because of the state I was in at the time, it was rather frustrating.  Not knowing whether to just cancel on Kitty for someone who is far easier to communicate with, or keep them both in the air, or disappoint Lux if Kitty came through.

Eventually, last week Kitty was finally like "Holy shit talk tonight", and I got a hold of him long enough to know what was going on.  He apologized for being difficult the last month, and also told me that he's officially marrying Fox while I'm here.  Which, is a thing that I'm still not sure about.

I felt badly for dropping that plan Lux and I had started forming, especially with the gnome cancelling a ton of plans he had been talking about which would have given me a ton of time up there. 

However, now I'm here, and meeting his people that he's collected over the years, and he's explaining to them our weirdness, and how important I am, and that's kind of awesome.

Sometimes, boys are a pain in the ass.  They sure are cute though.


Comments