Skip to main content

Reasons Why I Shouldn't Look at Social Media Part Three

A while back, I was scrolling through a feed, and found a link to an article labelled "Most overrated things about sex".  I fell victim to the clickbait, wondering exactly what the writer thought went into this category.

And, as I read the list, I kept feeling sorry for anyone that person ever had sex with.  The list was riddled with things like blowjobs, positions other than missionary, and even sex outside the bedroom.  It absolutely painted a portrait that she just wanted to starfish and let the guy do the work to get sex overwith, without her having to do anything.

She whined about sex making her tired, and how having to hold herself up was too hard of work.  Now, I know I have better endurance than quite a few people, but getting tired is part of the point.  If you haven't gotten completely worn out, and your body still works, you haven't had enough sex.  Sometimes that means incredibly rough sex that doesn't last as long, or something easier that you can spend time on, but seeing how different things feel while putting everything into it is part of the fun. 

And on that note, giving and doing as much as you can makes things way more fun for your partner, and when you see them enjoying things, you should feel more apt to do them.  Sure, I enjoy giving blowjobs to the point where I often purposefully don't try to get my partner off so that I can just relax and get into what's going on myself, and I don't expect everyone to be that way.  However, turning your partner on, seeing how to get those fun reactions, and getting them off is damn hot.  There is no reason not to enjoy it other than the fact that you have to put work into it.

Sure, we're all entitled to days where we feel like shit and either can't put in the work, or just want our partners to take over so we can decompress.  It's not a bad thing once in a while, and it creates a very important change of pace that needs to happen so things don't get stale.  The fact that any sex act that requires work is seen as overrated though, creates a very one sided standard, and winds up causing a lot of disdain and frustration in many cases. 

Clickbait strikes again, and hopefully doesn't trick people into trying to be lazy during sex.


Posted via Blogaway


Comments