Skip to main content

Status

There have been some weird things I've noticed since being in a poly dynamic.  Things I often didn't think about prior, just because it wasn't something I had experience with. 

On fet, I notice a lot of people label themselves as polyamorous without actually showing any relationships, and this often tweaks something in me.  I know many people aren't comfortable with the idea of living monogamously as a permanent situation, but saying that makes it look like you can never feel fulfilled by a single partner.  It's like saying that you'll take on a relationship with a person, but won't be happy with them until you find yet another partner.

I'm rather fond of both my partners.  I'm in no rush to be without either of them, and hope they're both in my life and just as important to me for an incredibly long time.  However, I don't need one to feel fulfillment in the other.  They both make me happy, on their own, and just by being them.  If the other wasn't around, I would have no need for another to find happiness in who I had. 

I, myself am not polyamorous.  I may practice polyamoury, I may have a poly dynamic, but I do not find it to be a state of being.  Before Kitty became my other partner, I was not a polyamorous person, I was just me.  I'm still me, and the number of partners I have don't define that, or how I feel about them. 


Posted via Blogaway


Comments