Skip to main content

Accomplice

When Thrax was trying to convince me that we needed to date Bit, I constantly told him that I didn't want it to happen.  I told him that if he was going to bring in another partner, it had to be someone I approved of, because with how often we spent time together, and that he wanted her to live there, it would be like me dating her too.  He swore that I wouldn't be dating her, but then also said that "our" relationship needed a girlfriend in the same breath, hoping that would make him look less like a selfish asshat.

Well, y'know, I didn't want someone who lied, stole, did drugs, had a bunch of unprotective sex already with STDs, and was generally disrespectful in our dynamic.  Oh damn, look at me being the bad guy.

Now, while I don't really care if my partners become super besties, it is significantly easier for me if they get along.  I'm really lucky that Lux and Kitty approve of each other, and hit it off pretty well.

And, Kitty feels the same way.  He gets a lot of joy in knowing his partners get along.

While I don't talk to Fox that often, he has another partner that stayed near DC.  She apparently had a similar role that I did when he moved there, where he sort of took on a caretaker friendship, though she did less of that for him than I apparently did.  I met her while down to visit in the spring, and while I thought she had her snooty moments, she and her wife were very chill.  Her name is Pyre.

Well, Pyre and I talk a lot.  We share a bunch of ideas, and BS, and make fun of Kitty.  And, she's all up for my brand of mischief.  Before the move, I frequently sent her on missions to mess with him, as my way of long distance affection.  Sometimes, it gets her punished, which I am remarkably ok with, and amused by.

We get along to the point where she's coming up to spend a night this weekend.  Her wife is a musician, and they're doing a tour up in the northen states, and because I'm only about an hour and a half from their first stop, they're making things a lot easier, by doing most of their drive the day before.  We plan to spin fire, and burn things, and relax.

I'm also trying to see if Pyre's wife can set up a small tour along the beach towns near here, and seeing if they can get in for fire shows.  They may as well reap the benefits of my location.

They've also said that if I want to, I can borrow palm torches, and dance with them as staff of Dark Odyssey.  And I can get in some dance classes as well.  Which, seems incredibly cool.  I'm still not fond of public play, but at that point I'd be working safety when I'm not dancing, helping them with classes, set up, and take down.  However, those events are super expensive, and I'd rarely have the chance to attend them otherwise.  I'd also be with people who make me happy, and that I'm absolutely safe with.

I don't think I'm going to be able to do Summerfest this year, but giving myself until next spring to decide on Fusion seems good.

Sometimes, my partners have damn good taste.

Comments