Skip to main content

Steps

I've been trying to do more to take care of myself lately, especially in order to be in better shape for Pennsic, but also just to feel better over all.

I've decided to do a slow, but complete detox off of caffeine.  I started drinking coffee, and any caffeinated beverage for that matter, only due to the taste, and now having to consume some in the morning because otherwise I will get a horrible headache is no fun.  I want to be able to make that choice, not for it to be mandatory.  So right now I'm limiting myself to one cup a day, and still not drinking any soda, and very reluctantly not diving into my jar of chocolate espresso beans.  I'm finding that the mornings are a little easier for me, and I'm taking less time to feel awake.

Even with the vast amount of birthdays and things going on this month, I'm trying to watch how much, and what I eat more closely.  That's not very easy here, where my parents basically live on meat and carbs, and I'm constantly pestering them for fruits and veggies, but I'm doing what I can.

I'm also pushing myself more to work out regularly, and not make excuses.  I'm doing regular dancing cardio days, as well as more advanced yoga which does a lot of bodyweight exercise, and keeps me moving as well.  I'm pretty sure that I'm putting on muscle, rather than losing fat, and it's having a strange effect on my body a whole.  For the first time in my life I have a legitimate butt gap in the back of my jeans, and while it's a bit annoying because my clothes fit oddly, it's making me look a lot  curvier overall, and I'm certain that no boy is going to complain about me having a bigger butt with my waist being the same size or smaller.

I'm pretty busy right now between everything, but it's no excuse not to take care of myself.

Comments