Skip to main content

Putting in Time

I had a lot more time put into rope over Pennsic.  I watched a lot of different people get tied who reacted very differently, and definitely learned quite a bit more about my preferences in rope itself.

I also got to see Lux get suspended.  In a yurt.

For those of you not aware, Lux is a big brick wall of man who is over 300lbs.  And he went into the air, and got inverted and loved every minute.  It was super cool to watch, and is now the source of a lot of silliness and jokes and plans, but more on that later.

However, I learned that I enjoy the challenge of rope.  I like feeling that pressure, and thinking to myself that I'm on a ride, and need to muscle through.  I absolutely prefer not being able to move, rather than a freedom of movement, and having to be careful of it.  That adventure of being put into place, and not knowing which way I'll be turned or twisted is fun, and makes for a super interesting ride with the top.

I still don't space, or zen.  I keep a very clear head, and feel pretty much normal the entire time.

And, in a very safe sort of fashion, as the week went on, Murphy and I continually got more involved with our ties.  What started as a simple suspension, pushed me into more bendy things, or finally things that put my entire body hanging from one small point.  I find that the more challenging things are way more fun, and we both like seeing where that next step is.  It has me legitimately looking forward to rope, and that's super cool.

I kind of like the fact that I don't space in rope.  I can communicate more, and it leads to dopey singalongs and wiggle parties.  That is way better than just zoning.

Comments