Skip to main content

Can't Stop Won't Stop

I'm writing this because I'm forcing myself to give my hands a break.

Yes, this sounds strange because I am still using my hands to type.  But this is fine for them as far as I know today.

Lately, I've been running hard to finish the projects I have.  Crocheting in whatever time I have to make a ton of pieces, then stitching them together to build one of the coolest comforters I've ever put together.  It's massive, and almost done, but with the little bit of force it takes to get the yarn needle through everything over and again, and the speed I've been going at, the muscle in the thumbs are sore as hell.  It's like after leg day, but for my hands.

And it's been an odd day.  At first I used the time to do some cleaning and chores, and waiting for Squishy's father to get here before I really dug into anything.  As I looked at what I needed to do though, I couldn't find much that wasn't going to be hard on my hands.  I worked out, and got some organizing done.

And then I realized just how difficult trying to tell myself not to work on things is.  I mean, I know that I am the kind of person that needs to keep busy, but when I have to force myself to not work on things that are there, it's genuinely a challenge.  I got some sewing done to see progress on something, but I still feel like I need to do more with my day.

I'm hoping by tomorrow that my hands feel better, and become stronger from this.  I have so much more to work on, and so much to do in the coming weeks.  And I need my hands strong to help take care of myself and loved ones.


Comments