Skip to main content

Annual Obligatory Post

So, stuff I'm thankful for and junk. This year has been weird, and I'm not in the best mental place when I'm writing this, so this one might be a little weird.

I am thankful for getting to learn new things about me.  That while I don't get subdrop, I do get poly drop.  That I will always find ways the abuse of my past will creep in, and that I can get past it all.  That I am far better at communicating than a lot of my friends, and that I truly won't stand for any of the shit I've dealt with in the past.

I am thankful for having safe people to do new things with!  And then to find my space in those things, and discover what I enjoy about them.  I am thankful for my love of a challenge, and always wondering just how far I can push myself.

I am thankful for getting to learn how poly works for me, and having two absolutely wonderful and patient partners, who I can't imagine having ones that I care for more.  Who are supportive, and fun, and no matter how weird they might be, I think they're the best.

I'm thankful for metamours who actually care about my partners, and have true interest in taking care of, and helping them when I cannot.  Ones that I can be friends with, and encourage the polycule as a whole.

I am thankful for people in my life.  The ones who are present for me, and that I can be present for, and try to create some support for.

I am thankful for the little things.  The small gestures and moments that bring joy, just by being simple.

Comments