Skip to main content

All the things

Along with all the normal holiday stress, this year also brings about the cookiepocalypse, and making a ton of gifts for people.

This year the cookiepocalypse happens to be a little smaller than normal.  I was initially told to barely make any, and when I pointed out how little it would be, I then said I would be making more, and it was understood.  The house is full of a ton of cookies, but unfortunately, there's been very little healthy stuff in the house as well, which has been turning my mood to garbage.

I have also put together a whole box of stuff for Kitty, and the house down there.  I need to remember to mail it, and at this point it likely won't make it for Christmas, but it will make it there eventually.  I think it's all stuff they will enjoy, and can't wait for them to see everything.

I've made some super cool stuff for Lux, and it's been really hard to keep it a secret.  I'm looking forward to spending time with him over the holidays, and getting to finally give it to him.

Speaking of which, to holidays are really weird this year.  I'm spending Christmas Eve talking with Kitty, because we'll both be home alone.  I'm also not headed north with Lux, because he's spending the week with his family, though I did ask for time to just hang out together.

There's also been some stuff that I made for the beast.  She was asking for a plushie from a short anime I found, so I made up how to crochet one as I went along.  I think she's going to love it.  I also made her a new scarf because the gnome always loses the old one I made her, and I made a large drawing of the super cutest pokemon possible, after she asked for something to hang up in her room.

This year is super weird, but it's going.  Honestly though, I already have time planned to spend with people I care about, and that actually give a shit about me, and that's all I ever ask for, because I know better than to want anything else.

Comments

  1. I love how your gifting is personal and handmade - from the heart! Sometimes we all focus on the materialistic, on "buying things". I know I do, especially when pressed for time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy making things, and often find it easier to just make the right thing than go hunting in a store. Sometimes I will of course buy something if I know someone really has their eye on it, or if I think it will be more appreciated for whatever reason than something I've made. I never just get something to show off though. Everything is always what I feel they would most enjoy, which is important regardless of whether it's purchased or made.

      Delete

Post a Comment