Skip to main content

Saturated

A little over a month ago, Kitty had a friend over, who had asked for help with some serious stuff.  We talked about it, and discussed about how she would likely start attaching herself to him, and that he needed to be aware of that.

Well, gave it a couple weeks, and she wants to be a serious partner of his.  He's saying that she's making legitimate progress on making herself a better person, and someone who he would consider dating, but mostly just says she's cute.  Sometimes, old habits die hard.

However, he already has three partners, and still has trouble balancing that many.  He knows this, and often talks to me about how badly he feels for not being able to give proper time to everyone.  Of course, he barely thinks about that when considering taking on another partner though.

And it makes me think about how after a while of having two partners, that I'm still completely poly-saturated.  I can't imagine taking on another partner.  Both because I doubt there's another boy around that makes me as happy as they do, or that would treat me as well, and because if a time like now were to occur again, I don't know if I could spread care and presence properly amongst any more people.

I also joke that cute boys are traps.  Twice now I've gotten close to someone, and had all the feels and all, and then had to deal with them moving away.  If that ever happens with another boy, I give up.  I'm well beyond normal expectations of loyalty (which Kitty reminds me of often) but if another cute boy develops an amazing thing with me, and then moves hours away, I'm not balancing more than two long distance things.  Not doin' it.  These two are enough of that.

There are some people who may want to have a dozen serious partners, and figure out how to balance them all happily, and feel content with it.  It's one situation, and there's nothing wrong with saying that you're feeling happy and like you have enough.  Right now, and probably for a very long time, these two are enough for me.

Comments