Skip to main content

Accurate Reflection

One of the things I'm determined to manage this year is having a better sense of body image.  To do whatever I can to have a more realistic and loving view of my body and who I see in the mirror.


My dysmorphia has been doing a hell of a job on my mental state lately, and I am absolutely not going to stand for it.  I shouldn't hate the way I look, or my body at all this much.  It's not healthy, and it's impacting on my life at times.

If I didn't mention it recently, I've finally managed to do a headstand for the first time in my life!  I've been practicing it as a part of my workout almost every day, and it's making my shoulders and upper arms noticeably stronger.  I am finding issues with balance rather rather than strength, and so I know I'll find progress just with continuing practice.  I'm also enjoying seeing the progress I make overall with time.

I've gone back to short hair, and that will be getting fixed soon after the clusterfuck of the last cut.  It has me feeling more like me again, and I've decided to play with more colors as well.  Less routine, and more dynamic.

I'm trying to keep myself from just throwing on clothes.  I'm wearing what makes me feel like me.  No more shapeless schlubby stuff that makes me feel like a blob.

I know I am strong.  I know I am a force of nature, and someone absolutely unique.  I know there is beauty inside me, that other people see.  Time for me to find that, and see it myself.

Comments