Skip to main content

Aspirations

So, as a more lighthearted topic, something I often giggle at.

As much as I don't want to get old, stop doing things, or become ignorant to the world, I absolutely can't wait to become a crotchety old person.

Lux already says I'm a crotchety old man.

Sometimes, we sit together either on his balcony, or my back porch, or while camping.  We set ourselves up with a cigar, or our pipes, smoke something tasty, and sip rum.  We look exactly like an 80 year old couple yelling at the hoodlums running around outside.  It's probably adorable.

There are times even when it's just me, with a cigar and a drink, reading a book and hollering at anyone making too much noise.

The other day, a remake was made of my favorite NES game.  I went on an old person rant with a friend, about how back in my day, we weren't able to save our game, and limited lives, so we had to get good enough to beat the game in a day.  And we couldn't just leave the console on, because the cartridge would fuck up, and we'd have to remove it and blow in it to make it work again.

Friends and I will sit for an evening with a cup of tea, and yarn, and talk about how many people dismiss too much of everyday life.

Rather than buy junk food, I'd rather spend all the time and work to bake something myself, because store bought baked good just taste like sugar.

Fuck waiting, I'm impatient.  I'm a crotchety old man now, and I'm happy about it.

Comments