Skip to main content

Quick Dose of Society

The other day, I got what I thought was a smart idea.  I'd just google "Thunder thighs" and get to enjoy lots of pictures of men with big pretty legs and cute butts.  It seemed like a great plan, full of awesome rewards.

Well, I tried it, and what came up was a ton of images of things like ways to get rid of thunder thighs, ways to slim down legs, and what exercises are necessary to have thin thighs and legs.  To have "sexy legs" and how to get them.

Then I looked and saw more showing women who were talking about how strong they were with their thicker legs, and how it was them showing love for themselves, and not needed to find a partner.

It very blatantly showed this divide in society for women.  That idea that you can be strong an independent, or thin and attractive, but never can they mix.  And I think that's more media than real life right now.

And we know how much I like to follow the suggestions of media.

I hate that there is this divide.  That women can't be seen as attractive if they are strong.  That we still encourage this thin ideal for the sake of fashion and society and media, as pushed by other women to not be healthy, but thin.

Meanwhile, I can never have that societal preference of a body.  I'm built like a linebacker, with broad shoulders, a large rib cage, and a very tiny waist in comparison to my hips.  My natural figure is similar to the painted pin up figures of the 40's, just with smaller breasts.  That's so far from the current standard and well into what is seen as strong but unattractive in the eyes of media.

However, I do look strong, and I am strong.  I'm in better shape than most people I know, and I doubt that my partners find that unattractive.

And, I'm noticing that the more I look at my strength, and how my figure reflects that, and the healthier I look, the happy I am with my appearance.  I'm not worried with having this super perfect body to the outside world.  If I am strong, and healthy, and feel like me, I will be happy to have my thunder thighs, and big butt, and tell the media to fuck off.

Comments