Skip to main content

Little but Fierce

The day after I arrived in the frozen north, Lux and I went grocery shopping for the week.  He was happy not to have to cook for a week, and I enjoy grocery shopping, and cooking.

As we were checking out, Lux found a cashier that he normally flirts with the entire time.  As he's trying to casually flirt in the same way that he usually would, and I very clearly have no problem with it, being polite, and bagging things up so they can talk, she suddenly gets very quiet, and even moreso as I respond to Lux.

We walked out, and went to load up the truck, and I pointed out something to Lux that I've been meaning to write about anyway.

Most women are incredibly intimidated by me.

More often than not, women treat me like shit because they don't know how to act around me.  I mesh very well with more masculine people, put off a very masculine energy, and generally don't give a fuck what people think of me so long as they are respectful.  Women in general seem to not know what to do with that.  It's caused a lot of women to either treat me like shit if they're also interested in my partner, or be incredibly distant, which honestly isn't going to help them, so I don't know why they do it.

I've apparently been the source of a few break ups in my time, because I became the friend of a guy, and we would hang out, and be nerds, and I'd become a bro in a totally platonic way.  Because they were either insecure, or just didn't believe a female bodied person could be friends with a guy without it becoming anything more, it would create explosions, and destroy the relationship.

I think it's weird, and sometimes, it's funny.  Women who are dishonest, or manipulative, or have any of a plethora of negative traits can be friends with each other, but because they are more feminine or avoid men as friends because they feel like you can only speak to someone of a gender you're attracted to if you want to have sex with them.

People can deal with the fact that I am strong, and that I can be a force of nature.  But honestly, dealing with that just means treating me like I am a person, with simple respect and decency.

Comments