Skip to main content

On Empty

This week has been incredibly draining.  Every day there has been something else happening that has just left me more and more fried.

The old man has been throwing screaming fits telling me how I'm too stupid to function.  This is after I am asked to literally put cookies on a plate for him to offer people who come over and prepping a pot of coffee, because he admits he "can't handle doing that" himself.

Gnome has been bringing Squishy home super late on weekends he takes her, both on a holiday (so she spent none of it with us, making my mom a pissy pain in the ass to boot) and on a school night.  Not only that, but I sent her with a school project over her spring break, and in that week, and the weekend after they had barely anything done, but swore they'd get it done this weekend.  I told him to just bring it down, and we'd finish it.  Well, there was so little done, and almost all incorrect, which meant we needed to do it all over, in a week before it was due.  What took him over a week to barely start, the beast and I did in three days, and we needed to pick up a new printer.

She also had a color run at school for a fundraiser.  That on the bright side was fun because it meant I got to throw color at the kids.

Lux had some stuff happen with his family, and had to change his plan to come south this weekend.

And I had to write out a really hard email to Kitty, that we still haven't gotten to talk about much, but we will soon.

Ma was in a car accident.  She's fine, and the car drives, but the passenger door is gonna need work.

I feel drained.  Like I'm running on empty.  I feel like I need a beating (after this sunburn from the color run heals) and an adventure, and some form of stability.

Comments