Skip to main content

Odd One Out

So, this person who was projecting the other day.  What was he projecting about you may have asked?

Well, he's been consistently saying lately that he doesn't feel like he is represented anywhere, and that he has no specific place that he fits into and belongs.  That he feels like an outlier.

And I think that was why he was trying to claw for something.  He wanted to cling to an idea that he could relate to, that it would give him something he held in common.

But, you'd think that he would have looked at me, and realized that he was talking to the wrong person in that moment.

I can't actually remember a time at which I was around incredibly similar people.  My friends are generally of a different gender.  Any nerdy circles I go into often don't share my other hobbies.  My taste in media is often odd.

I'm a weirdo, and that's never been something that bothered me.

I don't look for a circle to fit into.  I look for singular people to bring into my life and be decent friends.  People who accept that I am weird, and unrepentantly me.  That I am going to be odd in any scene, and rather than that make me a freak, that makes me shine.  That I bring something new and original to everything I do, and everywhere I go.

Being different is what you make it.

Comments