Skip to main content

Orbit

It's my birthday!

I've spoken on here a few times before about how I usually dislike my birthday.  That things tend to explode, and I wind up just being upset and alone.  Like with other things, I wind up being forgotten.

This year, I made the decision to hide my birth date on all social media.  While I'd done this as a social experiment in the past, which proved positive to my thoughts, this time it's a bit different.

I dislike the idea of social obligation and going through the motions.  I enjoy things to be real, and honest.  I often don't do a lot of things that might be expected of me with certain people because it's more social obligation, and because it isn't completely heartfelt, I skip out, and it puts me in worse graces of some.

But, I've gotten old enough that I don't give a shit about everyone liking me.  I'm far too strong a personality, and rarely censor myself, and that's going to put off a lot of people.  I however will go to the ends of the earth for the people I do care about.

And in the same vein, rather than have a ton of people appear, I'd rather have the people who actually know things say something to me.  Rather than slapping a button for social graces, I hear from a couple people who give a shit.

But if that brings a hundred down to two, at least I have two people who put in the genuine care.

Comments