Skip to main content

Settling Back In

Last night, Lux and I got to go to a play party with some of our friends.

And, it means getting to play again, for both of us.  He wants to pursue more play partners finally, playing with me again, and in general.

With the long break from it, I've noticed my mind distancing itself from it, which only tells me that I need it more.

I've been trying to balance out and reset and take care of myself in so many ways.  I need play lately, both for the fun time with people, and the chance to just clear my head of everything and start at a level ground, using the endorphins to sit in a better space.

I need to remember how good regular play is for me. That paying attention to the play I want helps me immensely.

And, seeing that Lux wants to pursue it as well is fantastic.  It shows he's trying to get back to a more comfortable him, and means he'll hopefully be in a better space soon, and that we'll maybe make progress back to where we were as well.

We both need to remember that while sometimes we're not in the space for it, simple play can help us both so much.

To think, punching me in the butt provides so much potential.

Comments