Skip to main content

Stupid Time

Last weekend was long, and certainly a roller coaster overall.

It started with me having to pull a knife on a guy who tried to get handsy with me on the train, and having to rely on Lux knowing what I would do in a shitty situation in order for us to meet up.

We then found out we were running late, and had to bust ass upon meeting Blue, heading over the the Bomb Shelter venue to set up the rigs and lights and all.  On the bright side, I now know how to put together all of Blue's suspension rigs, which means I can help with more in the future.

Lux was part of a rope performance, and everyone who wasn't actively in a scene made sure to watch.  He wound up with some rope burn, but looked fantastic the entire time, and I got to enjoy how good his butt looks when he is in an inversion.

I had asked Blue near the end of the night if he wanted to put me up, asking if he was up for stupid time, which is the sort of special way we refer to rope.  He still had one more scene to go through, so we didn't get to it there though.

After a quick clean up, and some small mishaps, we got back to a friend's apartment before sunrise, set up a bed, and flopped.

Unfortunately, because we both have such set sleep schedules, we were both up in a few hours.   We spent some time chatting, and going over video games, and having breakfast before Blue showed back up.  Finally, we motivated toward shower, and Blue asked if I was still up for stupid time.  After checking with Lux because we did want to get north at a decent time, I was helping put up a rig again, and setting up lights, before getting in the shower so he could finish up.

Once I was dressed and together, I stood under the rig and Blue figured out what he wanted to do.  I didn't know at the time, but he was pulling entirely new harnesses on me, and was completely unsure as to how they would work.  We sang songs, and made jokes, and talked about Voltron as I went into the air for the first time in too long.  Unfortunately, a lot of the ropes shifted, and this tie wound up rather uncomfortable in many ways, which left me with a sore neck and shoulders for several days after.  I kept him informed though, and there were lots of hugs after.

Honestly, I was happier that he tried something new with me than anything.  It shows that I've earned some serious trust, which is fantastic.  I know that if I speak up early, I can muscle through for a while and be good, which lets us stay safe and still get to play around with things and work and make progress.

Afterward, we cleaned up, and got on the road for a long drive, which left Lux and I tired, and we only had a couple hours before a real sleep.

While it may have started hard, the weekend was fantastic, and the week itself has been so far as well.

Comments