Skip to main content

A Strange Turn

The last week, while not bad, has had a lot going on.

Everyone who I had started to make plans with had flaked on me, either by simply falling off the face of the earth, or cancelling with excuses (to which I saw them making plans elsewhere).  It meant being stuck home in the rain, which while not horrible, could have been better.  Instead, it meant I could be present for many people who needed it, wherever they were, which is also good.

Squishy also goes back to school in a couple days.  The last week has been spent getting her sleep schedule sorted out, and taking care of all the little school things so the first day goes smoothly.  As much as the summer allows me to take longer trips, I enjoy the routine of knowing I have time for what I need to do during the school year.

I've also had a few things I need to cancel on myself, or get scheduled and sorted out for a multitude of reasons.

There's a lot going on, and in some ways, the changes are things I would prefer not to happen, and in other ways, I just want to be involved in more.

Comments