Skip to main content

With Time

While Lux and I were talking, we also started in on jealousy.

What causes it to perk up, or how long it's been since either of us have either felt it, or let ourselves feel it.

I've learned that jealousy isn't really something I feel, but the closest would simply be imbalance of treatment/respect, or things that cause massive changes to the normal.  Obviously new partners or friends or sometimes just life will cause some change, but if I'm completely thrown to the backburner, I will have a problem and speak up.

Lux has a few things that I know tend to cause jealousy, and I'm aware of, and avoid those.  In fact, he's seen first hand at this point that I'm not only keeping these things quiet, but they flat out aren't going to even be an option.

We've talked about how he doesn't know if that would be a thing at this point because it's been years.

I mentioned that it would depend on who it was.  If he got a new partner, he'd be far more prone to feelings of jealousy than me with how long I've been around.  That it would take long term massive change in treatment for him to really feel something, and by that point, he'd probably have spoken up and we'd fix it.

It's interesting how feeling secure with a partner can make some things be so much less prevalent in your mind, and how so many different things can change us and cause us to grow.

Comments