Skip to main content

A Strange Lull

Something crazy has happened. 

Something unheard of for this time of year.

For a couple of days, I'm caught up on everything.  As in, there's no holiday prep to do right now, no schlepping to manage, and no gifts to make.  I started early, and so I'm caught up on just about all of it.

It's a strange feeling to be sure, and almost makes me more anxious that I don't have a thousand things to do at every moment.

It also makes me crave time with people even more though.  Not knowing when I'll see them again, and now having space when I'm not running, and could be getting in quality time recharging with them.  It makes me feel like a big awkward jumble, and almost impatient to get moving again just so I don't have to miss them so much.

This time of year is such a strange thing for my mind.

Comments