Skip to main content

Headless Chicken

We've officially moved into the mass of holiday prep.  The other day I was going through my project lists, and massively time consuming things that need to happen in the next few weeks.  And, it's the time of year when I barely have time to breathe.

Well, I was working on a bunch of things that I had needed to get more done with, but now that gets put aside again.  Not because of my mental space though, but because I have so many things to do on a deadline that it has to move to the backburner.  That alone makes me feel a little better about it.

This year is really pushing me in a few ways.  I'm trying a completely new medium, which is going pretty well.  I'm also attempting some new techniques with other mediums, and just making up patterns as I go along.  It's the sort of year where I'm really feeling like I'm rather adept with things.  It's also fun to actually make things up just from a flat picture rather than follow a pattern.

It's also the cookiepocalypse, which is just time consuming overall, though I don't think I'll be rolling shaped cookies at all this year, and just making boring round bits.  The hundreds of cookies I'm making though are reason enough to do that.

There's also the yearly purge of Squishy's things, both toys and clothes, to make space for things that are more appropriate for her as she grows.

It's going to be a busy time between Thanksgiving and Channukah, but I'm used to this.

Comments