Skip to main content

Learning Balance

I had a friend over last weekend, who is going through a breakup, and realizing her needs and such in the process. 

It's insane, to see so much of my past in another relationship, and that imbalance and disregard of needs.

Over the last couple years, I've had so much concern for my partners.  For their lives, and safety, and taking care of them how I can.  I've also had to keep track of my own bandwidth of being able to balance them both.  Something frequently in my thoughts, and that I take great care with.

And the number of people I see that don't do that astounds me.  The people who simply throw attention where they want.  And how people make excuses for that, and encourage that behavior, will never solve the problem.

I've realized a lot of things about myself over the last weekend, and how far I've come.  I've also realized how far from the norm I am, and that I am not the kind of person most would be able to deal with in any sort of dynamic.

The best part is that I'm pretty proud that.

Comments