Skip to main content

Recharging

I've managed that even though lots of things are going on, to keep social lately, and it's helping me. 

Last weekend I spent some time with a friend who I hadn't seen in about a year, and I have plans for this coming weekend as well.

It was nice to see a friend though, even if it seemed very confusing on more than one occasion.

When I saw him last year, he was just barely fresh into a new relationship.  And a full shift in lifestyle with this person.  For his entire life, he'd had open, and kink positive relationships.  He's spent a year though in a monogamous, vanilla relationship, with someone who is incredibly sexually insecure, passive, and limiting.

He goes from one breath saying that she's "the one" and going to be his forever, and then in the next breath saying he can't stand his sex life, and that it's taking a toll on his everyday life beyond where he can deal with.

Why is it that so many people share this to me, and I have to be the one to tell people that sexual compatibility is mandatory in a relationship, and not something that should feel one sided, or have very different ends of the spectrum.

I made sure to tell him that he needs to keep conversation casual about it, but it needs to be addressed.  That she may need to simply grow comfortable with the vast bundle of options and see if they are actually compatible on this front, and if not, he needs to scale his priority on this. 

Unfortunately, she also has a personality type that is very draining for me.  Rather than being someone down to earth, he tends to like the type of women who turn everything into a dick measuring contest, and wound up yelling at random people in the street, or completely ignoring and dismissing things I said to try and feel like she was the better person there.

And it's funny sometimes, because he's said a few times that he's attracted to the fact that I have no problem taking charge or showing confidence, and he has a big crush on Lux, but yet seems to always wind up in relationships with these insecure women who just throw on a conceited front, rather than an actual relaxed and secure confidence.

I think he's gonna need some general reminders of the difference, and maybe he'll do better with balancing his priorities in the process.  And hey, social time is recharging for me too, so it'll help everyone.

Comments