Skip to main content

Pride and Disregard

In the week of everything blowing up, my mom got a call from her brother for Channukah.  They caught up for a bit, and during that talk, he told her that he'd volunteered our house for a birthday party in April for both him and his twin brother.  Y'know, the physically abusive one, that I'd been promised I would never see again.

You'd think given the promises made to me, and wanting to actually protect your own kid, my mom would have told him that my one uncle isn't welcome.

You'd think.

When I was told this, I brought that up.  My mother's response was simply "Well they decided."

So, because they volunteered our house, and us to throw them a party, it doesn't matter that they're abusive apparently.

I told her that I would find a way to be absent as soon as I found out the dates.

She threw a huff, and said that Squishy was staying so she could see the one decent uncle.

Except, I spoke to Squishy, and she repeated the same as in the past, that she is incredibly uncomfortable around my asshole uncle.  Without my telling her that I would be gone, she even said she didn't want to be around if he would be present, even if my decent relative would be there.

And a few days later, she told my mom.  Without my telling her to go and say it, she confronted my mom to say she didn't want to be around him.

So she came to me.  I told her that Squishy has said multiple times how uncomfortable she is around him.

I got the response "Well, I thought she'd want to see your other uncle."
To which I quickly said back "The chance at a decent conversation with him when we know we're going to be actively treated like shit physically and verbally is not exactly a balanced deal."

And again, she walked away with a huff.

Glad to see defending the people you live with is high on your priorities.  Yes, that's right, we're being gaslit for not wanting other people to abuse us.  We'll be absent, and she'll have to deal with explaining to others why we're gone.  She'll have to throw on a party by herself for the first time in over a decade, and hopefully she wakes up a little, even though I know she won't.

Comments