Skip to main content

Eyesplosion

A while ago, I noticed a small dry spot on my eyelid.  It was weird, but stayed pretty small, and was barely noticeable.  I used moisturizer, and it seemed to keep it from getting worse.  Well, weeks later, another spot appeared, which was a bit more visible.  I kept going with forms of moisturizer, in hopes it would take care of it.

Fast forward to about two weeks ago, my eyelid is red and patchy.  It's very obviously eczema.  On my eyelid.  Luckily, it's easily covered by makeup if I need to go out.  

I wake up last weekend, and my right eye is swollen half closed.  The eczema is bright red, and has covered my entire eyelid.  

Well, as if I needed something else to kick my dysmorphia up some more.

I found out coconut oil is amazing for eczema, and safe on my eyes, and it's been helping, but still.

I'm barely able to work out right now due to Oliver being here, and I have a cold.  Now, my eye is exploded.

I spent the weekend wanting to curl up in a ball and never look at a person again.

At the same time, I'm completely beyond running on fumes mentally due to not seeing anyone for so long.  

I was so stressed and mentally fucked over it messed with my cycle.  I noticed my ovulation signs a few days later than expected.

I know these things are temporary, and they're all getting better, but this has definitely given me a hard kick.

Comments