Skip to main content

The Strangeness of Society

Recently, the game Catherine has been stuck in my head.  It's something that covers the idea of relationships in modern Japanese culture, communication, and morality.

The game flat out asks your opinion at regular intervals on various subjects pertaining to relationships.

And, I find that it becomes really hard to figure out how I would answer these questions, because they very much bank on the idea of monogamy.  That textbook cookie cutter relationship idea that is the standard in Japan.

Even as a nerd, I have difficulties due to non-monogamy.

Luckily, the game is being remade, and set to come out in the next year or so.  Maybe then it'll have more aspects of polyamoury in it, which I think will even add further complexities to the game overall.

Either that or from now on I just need to tell everyone to fuck off in the game, because they're honestly all lying bitches.

Yup, that sounds like the best idea.

No bitches trying to corner me into what they want by lying and trying to force me to do shit.  I do what I want!

Comments